Home / Nottinghamshire / Newark /

QueensSconce-eb18984a

QueensSconce-eb18984a.jpg Kelham Hall Nottinghamshire aerial photographThumbnailsQueensSconce-eb18984bwKelham Hall Nottinghamshire aerial photographThumbnailsQueensSconce-eb18984bwKelham Hall Nottinghamshire aerial photographThumbnailsQueensSconce-eb18984bw
Buy this picture

aerial photograph the Queen’s Sconce of Newark Nottinghamshire England UK. The Queen’s Sconce is a fortification from the English Civil war built by the Newark's Royalist defenders. It was named after King Charles's wife, Queen Henrietta who visited Newark in 1643. The Sconce was defended by musket and Cannon in each of the arrow shaped projections. The Sconce and the town of Newark held firm against besieging Parliamentarians until Charles ordered its surrender in 1646

Visits
424