Bowdon railway station site, Altrincham from the air
|Buy this picture
aerial photograph of Lloyd St Altrincham WA14 showing Total Fitness Altrincham and Sainsbury's Supermarket. Previously this was the site of Bowdon railway station which was opened in 1849 by the Manchester, South Junction and Altrincham Railway. The station closed in 1881 when the current station was built and the site served as a railway depot until 1971 and thereafter a car park until the Fitness Studio was built in 2003.