|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of Mettingham Castle Suffolk England UK. A license to crenulate was given to Sir John de Norwich in 1342. He extended the site constructing a second moat. In 1394 the site was used to provide a college. The college closed after the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII. Much of the castle was demolished in the 18th Century to build a farmhouse on the site.