|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph showing the site of RAF Bardney Lincolnshire. Constructed in 1943 the airfield was used as a satellite to RAF Waddington and home to No 9 Squadron flying Lancasters for most of the war. After the war it was used to store surplus military vehicles and as a Thor Missile site. It was in use until 1963.