|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of Cemetery Park, Adamsdown, Cardiff , originally as Adamsdown Burial Ground which was consecrated in 1848 and was officially known as the St John's and St Mary's Burial Ground. Burials ceased in 1877 after which it became known as the Old Cemetery. The Cemetery was converted to a park in 1946 with gravestones being either moved to the periphery or buried. The chapel that was on the site was burned down and then demolished in 1968. In 2006 the park was redesigned by Wardell Armstrong in a £1/2 million improvement shceme. The image was taken in 2008 shortly after the improvements.