Greyfriars, Oxford from the air
|Buy this picture
aerial photograph of Greyfriars, Oxford England UK. Greyfriars was built in 1930 and is a Franciscan friary run by the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. There had previously been a Franciscan Friary in Oxford founded in 1224, however it was dissolved by Henry VIII in the 16th century. Until 2008 Greyfriars was a Hall of the University of Oxford.