|Buy this picture
aerial photograph of St Chad's Church, Wybunbury, Cheshire. The Grade II listed church tower is all that remains of St Chad's Church in Wybunbury. The tower was built in the 15th century to replace a previous church. By the 19th century the church foundations were unstable and the tower was leaning so in 1833 most of the Church was demolished. The lean was corrected by removing soil from underneath the raised part, allowing it to sink back level. A new church was built in 1892 but in 1976 that too was demolished, however it was decided to keep the 15th century tower. The church is steeped in history, for example in 1464 the church was burgled. various items were stolen and a cross broken , however the burglars where apprehended and hung. This period in history is now referred to as "the good old days"