|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of St Davids Cathedral in St Davids (Tyddewi) Pembrokeshire . St Davids was founded as a monastary in the Dark Ages around the 6th century. St Davids Cathedral was completed in AD 1181 replacing a smaller building from AD1131. The tower collapsed in AD1220 and was subsequently rebuilt. The Cloister was added in the 14th century. The building was restored by John Nash in 1793 and then again in the 19th century by George Gilbert Scott.