|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of Leawood Pump House, Cromford Derbyshire England UK. The Grade II listed Steam Pumphouse was built in 1849 to supply water to the adjacent Cromford Canal. Powered by a Boulton and Watt beam engine which can move 4 tons of water on each cycle , running 7 cycles a minute adding up to 39,000 tons of water per day. The Engine ran from 1849 until the canal closed in 1944. It was brought back to life by the Cromford Canal Society and is now run occasionally.