|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of St. Remigius Church , Long Clawson Leicestershire UK. Dating from the 14th to 15th Century the Grade II listed church contains a 13th century effigy suggesting there was an earlier church on the site. The historical records from 1304 show there was a "castle" in the field immediately east of the church ( top left of the photo) and some traces of a moat remain. In 1893 the church narrowly escaped demolition and replacement but on reflection the church decided to restore the existing building.