Lympne Airport from the air
|Buy this picture
aerial photograph of Lympne Airport Lympne Kent England UK Opened in 1916 as RFC Lympne it became a civil aerodrome in 1919. During the second world war the airfield was used by the Fleet Air Arm and named initially HMS Buzzard and later HMS Daedalus II . Aircraft operating from the filed included No 91 Squadron Spitfires and Typhoons from 1942.The airfield was decommissioned and returned to being a civil aerodrome in 1946. Commercial operations ceased in 1984 and general aviation came to an end in 1984.