Dolforwyn Castle Powys from the air
|Buy this picture|
Aerial photograph of Dolforwyn Castle Powys Wales, built between 1273 and 1277 by Llywelyn ap Gruffudd ( Llywelyn the Last / Llywelyn Ein Llyw Olaf ). Immediately following its completion it was besieged and taken by the English on 8th April 1277. The castle was occupied until the until the reign of Richard II in the 14th Century but by then it was in a poor state of repai. The castle is now owned by Cadw and open to the public.