The Carrs Park Wilmslow from the air
|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of The Carrs Park Wilmslow . Originally the site of a water powered mill built in 1828, the Mill burnt down in 1928 and the area has since been used as a park. The name 'Carrs' is derived from the Old Norse word 'Kjarr' which translates as 'meadow recovered from bog' . The surrounding area was inhabited during the Bronze Age and Bronze Age artifacts have been found near the station.