Radcliffe Infirmary Oxford aerial photograph
|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of the Radcliffe Infirmary Oxford England UK.The Radcliffe Infirmary was opened in 1770 and closed in 2007, the year this aerial photograph was taken.Shortly after most of the site was demolished for the creation of the new Radcliffe Observatory Quarter. The historic buildings have been preserved and the restored main building is now used by the Faculty of Philosophy. In 1941 medical history was made here with the first use of Penicillin .