Holy Trinity Church, Coventry from the air
|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of Holy Trinity Church, Coventry West Midlands UK. Holy Trinity Church dates from the 13th to 15th Century AD with the chapel added 1526-7. The Spire and upper part of the tower were rebuilt 1666 to 1669. The church was restored twice in the 19th century, first 1843-9 by R C Hussey and then again in 1855 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. The church is famous for a medieval painting known as the doom painting which was originally created around AD1430. It was subsequently whitewashed over and only rediscovered in the 19th century.