Rugeley Power Station from the air
|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of Rugeley Power Station taken after closure. Originally one of two power stations on the site, Rugeley A (600 Megawatts) and Rugeley B (1000 Megawatts) . Rugeley A was opened in 1961 with Rugeley B following in 1970. Originally coal was supplied along a conveyor from the nearby Lea Hall Colliery but after the closure of the Colliery in 1991 the coal was delivered by rail. Rugeley A was closed and demolished in 1995. This photograph was taken in 2008 when Rugeley B Power Station was still operational, since the it has been closed and demolished.