former RAF Chipping Warden from the air
|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of the former RAF Chipping Warden Northamptonshire UK. RAF Chipping Warden was built in 1941 and used by Bomber Command for training purposes, flying the Avro Anson and Vickers Wellington bomber. Flying operations stopped in 1946 and the site was used as storage until closure in 1953. Today the site is used as Appletree Trading Estate.