former Royal Ordnance Depot Weedon Bec from the air
|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of the former Royal Ordnance Depot Weedon Bec Northamptonshire England UK. The Royal Ordnance Depot was established at Weedon Bec in 1805-6 and designed by the Royal Engineers Colonel Pilkington so that the depot could be supplied by canal. Gunpowder was stored in a separate compound further along the canal at the top of the photo. The depot was in use until the 1960's after which it was sold off to be used as civilian storage.