Whitchurch Grammar School , Bargates , Whitchurch from the air
|Buy this picture|
aerial photograph of Whitchurch Grammar School , Bargates , Whitchurch, Shropshire UK. On the right is the oldest building on the site, the old School House built in 1708. In the centre is the Grade II listed old Grammar School which was built in 1848 with extensions in the early 20th century. Whitchurch Grammar School first opened in 1550 and was founded by the Rev. Sir John Talbot. Its likley the 19th century buildings are on the site of the previous medieval buildings. The distinctive Neo-Jacobean style building is no longer used as a school but has found modern mixed uses.