Home / Lincolnshire /

Legbourne Priory Lincolnshire from the air

Legbourne_Priory_LD08684.jpg Kenwick Park Golf Club Lincolnshire  from the airThumbnailsLong-Sutton-Lincolnshire-jc16442Kenwick Park Golf Club Lincolnshire  from the airThumbnailsLong-Sutton-Lincolnshire-jc16442Kenwick Park Golf Club Lincolnshire  from the airThumbnailsLong-Sutton-Lincolnshire-jc16442Kenwick Park Golf Club Lincolnshire  from the airThumbnailsLong-Sutton-Lincolnshire-jc16442Kenwick Park Golf Club Lincolnshire  from the airThumbnailsLong-Sutton-Lincolnshire-jc16442
Buy this picture

aerial photograph of the site of Legbourne Priory Lincolnshire UK. Legbourne Priory was a a Cistercian nunnery founded at the end of the 12th Century and operating until dissolved by Henry VIII in 1536.Today nothing remains of the building structures above ground but earthworks reveal the layout of the inner and outer precincts of the Priory and including associated water-control features. The Priory buildings are surrounded by the remains of ridge-and-furrow cultivation. Historical records exists from 1440 showing the Bishop complaining that the Prioress was entertaining and supporting her own family at the cost of the Priory.

Albums
Visits
132