|Buy this picture
aerial photograph of GWR 1500 Class 0-6-0 pannier tank steam locomotive No 1501 on the Severn Valley Railway Bridgnorth Shropshire UK. GWR No 1501 was built in 1949 and is the last surviving GWR 1500 class 0-6-0PT shunting engine. The class were replaced by Diesel Shunters in 1961 and was subsequently used by the National Coal Board until 1969 when even the NCB converted to diesel. Fortunately she was rescued for the Severn Valley railway who have used her ever since.