|Buy this picture
aerial photograph of St Leonard's Church, Bridgnorth Bridgnorth Shropshire UK. The Grade II listed, St Leonard's Church dates back to the medieval period with the oldest parts dating to the 12th century. The tower was added in the 15th century. During the English Civil War to town was garrisoned by royalist troops who used the church for black powder storage. This was ignited by Parliamentarian canon fire during the siege of 1646 which blew up much of the church. The church was restored during the 18th and 19th centuries and is now in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust .